The Match Poker App is owned by the International Federation of Poker (IFP). IFP serves as the worldwide governing body for poker and its principal aim is to promote the development of poker worldwide and to secure recognition of poker as a mind sport based on strategic skills. IFP and its member nations are working within defined areas to promote Match Poker participation by facilitating memberships of IFP for people within that area.
Both IFP and its National Member are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We understand that users of the Match Poker app (the Site) may have questions about whether and how the App collects and uses information. This policy (together with IFP’s terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you, or that you provide via the App, will be processed. Please read the following information carefully to understand the views and practices of IFP regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
IFP produces, owns and controls the content on the App. IFP is a non profit organisation incorporated as a legal entity in Switzerland with its office at Ave de France 28, CH 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) the data controller is IFP.
Information we collect and its uses
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide to us via the Match Poker App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to become a member of IFP or requesting further products or services;
- if you contact us or report a problem with the App, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions you carry out through the App;
- details of your visits to the App including, but not limited to, the resources that you access, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise; and
- information about your mobile device including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device;
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request or with membership information;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the App, when you choose to do so and where offered;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- if you allow us to do so, We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about or make suggestions in respect of products, services, upcoming events and information which We feel may be of interest to you;
- for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (this is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual); and
- to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisements to a target audience.
By ticking the box on the registration/subscription form you consent to us using this information in this way.
Disclosure of your information
IFP will not allow the sale or transfer of personal information to other entities for their use without your approval. IFP may, however, share your personally identifiable information with affiliated organisations. These organisations will not have the right to use the information IFP provides to them for any purpose beyond that which is necessary to assist IFP.
In addition, IFP may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case IFP may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if IFP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by IFP about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if IFP is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply IFP’s terms and conditions; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of IFP – this includes exchanging information with organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IFP may share hand log data or other poker data generated with organisations for research and/or educational purposes. Such data will not be provided to those organisations in a form which will allow you to be identified. You acknowledge that such data may be stored and replayed for research and/or educational purposes.
Security and storage of your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on IFP’s secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain services, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask for your personal data not to be processed for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com or by sending a letter to:
IFP, Av. De France 28 CH 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
Access to information
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs of providing you with details of the information held about you.
If, after reading this policy, you have any questions or privacy concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to:
IFP, Av. De France 28 CH 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
This statement was last updated on 24 July 2017